What if the heart of the home wasn’t in the kitchen but rather in the outdoor kitchen? Dinner guests love spending time outdoors near the grill, don’t they? And why not? That’s where all the action and the delicious smells happen!
Hosting a BBQ party is always a great way to catch up with family and friends. And these incredible custom-designed and built grills take the fun in outdoor gatherings to a higher level!
The offset smoker is firmly attached to grill to ensure good circulation of heat and smoke. Easy to open side door to add charcoal and remove ashes; air vent stokes fire instantly.
They may look too good to be true, but the BBQ grills here are all fully functional. Some are upcycled while others have been purpose-built to make the most awesome-looking outdoor cookers you will ever see!
These BBQ grills might appear to be straight out of a dream, but rest assured, their stunning aesthetics are matched by their complete functionality. Each and every one of these grills embodies a perfect fusion of form and function, where the beauty of their design is only rivalled by the exceptional cooking experiences they offer.
What’s truly remarkable is that the ingenuity behind these grills spans various approaches. From skillful upcycling that transforms discarded materials into ingenious cooking wonders, to purpose-built creations meticulously crafted to redefine outdoor culinary excellence, the diversity here is awe-inspiring.
Some of these grills have been lovingly repurposed, finding new life through creative reinvention. Old barrels, industrial relics, and forgotten treasures have been transformed into grilling masterpieces that not only serve as cooking apparatus but also stand as artistic statements in outdoor spaces.
Others have been meticulously designed from the ground up, with a sole focus on delivering a visual spectacle that translates into remarkable cooking capabilities. These purpose-built marvels are more than just cooking devices; they’re centrepieces of backyard gatherings, and catalysts for unforgettable moments shared around the grill.
So, while it might be tempting to dismiss these BBQ grills as mere eye candy, the truth is far more exciting. In a world where aesthetics and functionality often appear to be at odds, these BBQ grills prove that sometimes, you can indeed have the best of both worlds.
With one of these BBQ grills in your backyard, there’s no doubt that everyone would eagerly take the lead at the grill! 🙂
Go ahead and envy the owners of these impressive grills. Or better yet, use them as inspiration for making your conversation starter. Old cars, motorcycles, wheelbarrows… what other ‘cool’ things can you think of to add to this list?
Upcycled Brilliance of Repurposed BBQ Grills
Repurposed BBQ grills showcase innovative creativity and sustainable ingenuity. Here are a few examples of repurposed BBQ grills that transform everyday items into extraordinary cooking marvels:
1. Barrel Smoker Grill: An old oil drum reborn as a barrel smoker grill, complete with adjustable vents and grates. Its vertical design maximizes cooking space and provides a distinct smoky flavour to meats.
2. Vintage Car Grille BBQ: A barrel smoker barbecue made from an old oil drum with movable grates and vents. Its vertical shape makes the most of the cooking area while giving meats a distinctive smoky flavour.
3. Wheel Rim Fire Pit Grill: A discarded wheel rim finds new life as a fire pit grill. The centre serves as a fire pit, while the outer rim functions as a grill surface, creating a cozy gathering spot for cooking and warmth.
4. Toolbox Charcoal Grill: An old metal toolbox is transformed into a compact and portable charcoal grill. The top opens to reveal a cooking surface, while the compartments hold charcoal and grilling utensils.
5. Bicycle Wheel Rotisserie: A bicycle wheel is repurposed as a rotisserie grill. Attachments for skewers or hooks are added, allowing you to roast meats over an open flame in an inventive and captivating manner.
6. Washing Machine Drum Grill: The drum from an old washing machine is repurposed into a circular grill. The perforated sides allow for even heat distribution, making it ideal for grilling smaller items like vegetables or seafood.
7. Piano Smoker Grill: A broken piano is transformed into a smoker grill. The soundboard is replaced with a smoking chamber, and the keys serve as hooks for utensils. It’s a harmonious blend of music and barbecue.
8. File Cabinet BBQ Smoker: An old file cabinet is upcycled into a vertical BBQ smoker. The drawers are converted into cooking chambers for various types of meat, infusing them with layers of rich smoky flavours.
9. Potbelly Stove Grill: An antique potbelly stove is given a new purpose as a grill. The stove’s chimney becomes a smokestack, while the belly of the stove is used for charcoal grilling, marrying tradition with functionality.
These repurposed BBQ grills not only breathe new life into discarded items but also add character and flair to outdoor cooking. They are shining examples of how imagination and resourcefulness can turn everyday objects into functional and conversation-worthy culinary tools.
You can read more about this bull-shaped grill and smoker here. It’s called the El Toro Bravo and we’re certain you’ll want one for your yard when you learn how it was built and how it works!
Continued Page 2…