Some argue that no science of success is possible.
The fate of an enterprise or project, the contention goes, is determined by too many variables to be predictable.
In business, there is advertising, word of mouth, the availability of capital, talent, and good old-fashioned luck.
Successful people are not perfect. They are likely to be the first to tell you that. Some might even say they aren’t the luckiest people in the world.
One thing is clear, though. They do not quit.
Here are 10 quotes from 10 people who didn’t give up:
- 1 “In the end, a vision without the ability to execute it is probably a hallucination.” — Steve Case
- 2 “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” — Josh James
- 3 “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” — Scott Belsky
- 4 “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” — Tony Hsieh
- 5 “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.” — Guy Kawasaki
- 6 “The best start-ups generally come from somebody needing to scratch an itch.” — Michael Arrington
- 7 “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” – Biz Stone
- 8 “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” — Conrad Hilton
- 9 “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” — Estée Lauder
- 10 “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” — Thomas Edison